Thumper

Hello there
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Hello there Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to the site (saw the sign) kinda new to off-roading too. Can't wait to finish my jimmy and get it out in the mud...time, money...might not happen early enough. Cool site!
Jamie

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SWEET!!

Welcome! what year of Jimmy you have? Full size?

We will be planning some stock friendly runs soon!
if you are interested..

Post some pics, and if you need any help,
theres a bunch of us here full of ..... shi...
I mean Knowledge...

yea thats it... LMAO!

See ya !

Me

bd bm bd

Twisted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome...

JimmyGirl>>>

Can't wait to see all these "MuddyLadies"
21 21 21 21

Budley & Spark

95 Cherokee "Twisted" Street Country 4.0HO Auto
Member of Northumberland OffRoad Club Member#4664 OF4WD and One of the 4WildRides

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Feedback Rating
JimmyGirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 91 s15 Jimmy...black, 4-door. It has a 3" body lift and 31" tires. I'm hopefully getting my 5" suspension lift kit put on in the next few weeks and I'm going to buy some bigger tires, 35" preferably. Some people are telling me to get rid of my body lift if I am putting the suspension lift on it, but I don't know what to do. It's off the road right now till I get the lift put on. Truck needs body work too, kinda on the rusty side, my main priority is the lift right now. You may recognize my bro's truck, the big orange sky high chevy with a 454 in it. Anyways, I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions down the road, what's best for my truck, trails......
ttyl
jamie

Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I done the Appraisal on your Bro's truck..

as far as 35's go..it will be to hard on your axles..stick with a good set of 31's or 33 MTs..spend your money on a rear locker and winch..its not always how high you go..its how durable your trucks going to be..

My 2cents worth...

Member of Northumberland OffRoad Club Member#4664 OF4WD and One of the 4WildRides

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Feedback Rating
JimmyGirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stinger,
I thought it was you that did the appraisal on my bro's truck, I spoke to you on the phone before. I'm getting the same guy he bought it off of to put my suspension lift kit on.
Do you think I should get rid of my body lift when I put my suspension lift on, or does it make much diff?
Your 2 cents is worth a million to me - the more I know, the better. I definately want a durable truck.
Jamie

schnarr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

those 5" lifts for s-10's and blazers are bracket lifts that are not very durable or functional they are built for mall crawlers they lower the t-bars down like 4"s so they are right there to bang off everything, most people who have wheeled with them have not been impressed. Stick with your body lift and tweak up the t-bars a bit with 31's and it will be much more functional on the trail with fender trimming and some off set wheels you can stuff some 32's in there for a lil more tire.

Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There you go>>what was said above..take note..

it will be amazing were you will be able to go with what you have, new MT tires, a locker will do amazing things for you..some dont really think so..but it does..and a winch to help you get out of a stuck situation..or being able to help others..

So leave your Lift (do some wheel opening triming)
Purchase New set of 31s,32s Mud Tires
Purchase and Lock your Rear Diff..(it will help)
Purchase and Mount a Winch 9500lb winch Costco $400.00
Purchase some recovery Straps

JimmyGirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I had talked to you guys sooner, I already went out and bought the 5" trailmaster lift kit, I figured the higher the better. I wonder if I can take it back.

Dirtygirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the site Jimmygirl......

Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyGirl wrote:
I wish I had talked to you guys sooner, I already went out and bought the 5" trailmaster lift kit, I figured the higher the better. I wonder if I can take it back.

Well it really depends on who you purchased it from...tell them if you take it back you'll buy the parts you need off them..just a exchange...

Last edited by Twisted on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Higher is NOT better... LOCKERS are BETTER!!

Thumper is as high as it needs to be!

maby a bit too tall..

Front locker is next on my list!!

bm

JimmyGirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks alot for the info!

Hi DirtyGirl

BadThumper: why do you say your Jeep is maybe a bit too high? Is it cuz it's tippy in certain terrian?

mxgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Jimmygirl

I'm also new here....just you have the vehicle I don't.

Welcome

MXGIRL

Feedback Rating
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No Matter how high you sit you may get the cheeks of your ass wet..and more than once..

And Bushy has rescued me more than once..

But Stupit is what Stupit Does..

We never got a picture of the other spot Bushy pulled Spark and I out ...but it was almost a roll over in deep water...and it was stinky and slimmy..

And they wonder why I have lots of Buds Airfreshners...

Stinger always looks good and shiny..but smell like piss

Just kidding..I just like smellin good..

stinger.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.07 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> WELCOME All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: