Thumper

school monkey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowrad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: school monkey Reply with quote Back to top

So....question...lookin at getting a ATV for doing yardwork and plowing the driveway....
I don't know jack about them...
I don't need anything fancy...
and I know they are all just like anything else..as in some think others are great while others think same are junk( ala Jeep vs Yota type thing)

From what I've seen online I really can't tell...I don't think I need anything bigger than say a 400...I don't plan on racing....lol
Just looking for something that has grunt and maybe not full time 4x4...with diff locks and lowrange....

What say my peeps

|
|___-----O-O-O
|_//___l__,\___\,___
|_l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
__(o)_)--(o)_)--O-)_)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Feedback Rating MSN Messenger
3006Jeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have had good luck with my polaris it has everything you have asked... it depends on what you want to spend? most 4wd 4wheelers have diff lock. But we all know Bushy has had bad luck with his.... he has almost replaced every part on it... right Bushy?

your price range it what will dictate what you get.

OF4WD#4892

lowrad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno really. ..thinking 4 to 6 grand....don't really. Wanna go much more than that cause I don't think I could justify that to Jennifer cause that's about what I'm looking to spend on a newer little daily driver Honda type car lol

|
|___-----O-O-O
|_//___l__,\___\,___
|_l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
__(o)_)--(o)_)--O-)_)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Feedback Rating MSN Messenger
3006Jeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is a good price range. sometime you can find a big bear they are a 4wd 400cc it is a yamaha, or you could get a polaris 500-800 for that price. I have good luck with mine. sometimes you can find an older one all decked out with what you want.
OF4WD#4892

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't often give my opinion but when I do ... its biased.

Buy one with a plow ( and a winch for the plow) ... will be cheaper ... $600 for complete new plow online ... my 700cc Polaris plows great ... pushes a lot of snow. Most bigger bikes have a front locker ... no big deal plowing. Look to see how easy it is to reverse ... some like the Polaris require you to press a button in reverse to engage the front wheels and add more revs. Others have a lever you have to move prior to engaging reverse ... a pain in the ass cuz you are always backing up.

MY preference in order ... Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, CanAm, Arctic Cat, Polaris ... Arctic Cat and Polaris will likely be the cheapest ... no explantion needed. ( Polaris aftermarket parts are pretty cheap online ... big market ) . If the battery needs replacing you will be looking at $150 ... axles/CVs $150/corner. Shop well my friend.

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: