Thumper

rear d35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> BUILD UP... MODDS... PROJECTS...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
88360yj

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: rear d35 Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys once agian i have problems with rear diff i think i blew the bearings in the pinion??? not a 100 % if there is such a thing but pinion is really loose i was pulling up to my drive way when i herd a bunch on crunching and sh*t pulled cover off all teeth seem fine but pinion is sloppy

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes your pinion has bearings ! ... or had !! Inner and outer.

If its the outer then you MIGHT be able to get it and the race out by only taking off the driveshaft.

If not and/or its the inner ... well then ...

... you'll have to remove the rear driveshaft ...the carrier has to be pulled out which means pulling the axles out > 2 "C" clips ( keep track of your spacers on each side of the carrier - good time to replace outer wheel bearings and seals ), CLEAN out all metals pieces (pick wipe, use a magnet, wipe and wipe ). You'll need to replace the race ( likely comes with the bearing but check ).Proper installation will require it to be tightened with a crush sleeve.

Installation is reverse ... only problem is getting the carrier in with the proper shims ( to align pinion to ring )

Don't want to do it yourself ? > contact Brett 613-395-1019

Also a good time to install a rear locker since it will all be out ( save on shop time )

Its a Jeep ... they break ... time to spend.

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

88360yj

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks bushy..it is the inner for sure not sure about outer and i have a buddy coming to help me with it but thanks for the info....and only locker i have is another carrier thats been lincon locked but dont think im gunna install it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> BUILD UP... MODDS... PROJECTS... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: