Thumper

Bushwacker ... When You are Bored
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> BUILD UP... MODDS... PROJECTS...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Bushwacker ... When You are Bored Reply with quote Back to top

When the winter comes ... time for Bushy to think of more to do to Bushwacker ( FJ40).

Decided to organize the main sockets I use on the Cruzr ... SAE on one side, Metric on the other ... rivetted to the REMOVEABLE ammo cover top ( Cdn tire trenton had all sorts of random sockets CHEAP ... sweet

Or maybe just cleaning the K&N filter and shoteneing the hose from the throttle body so that it doesn't flop around

Or maybe just by replacing the female recepticle and wiring on the 8274
and its positive lead ( was 2 pieces attached together ... thx Bad ... it was our way of gett'n it going last spring)

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe adding a battery shutoff switch on te tranny tunnel ( still have coil cutoffs for those thinking of hot wiring it like LOWRAD !)

Still coming .... new 4" lift springs/shocks ... like replacing spring pin bolts with SS bolts, and adding 6 degree wedges for better angles to the diiffs ( just waiting on spring bushings/shocks )

Oh ... and a solar charger wired driectly to the battery... may get broken by a rock ... but being behind the brush bar & sort of hidden by the winch ... may be OK. Better than nothing. Likely won't affect the engine heat as the FJ always runs cool, lots of louvers in the hood, fenders ( not fakes) and the engine bay has lots of room.

and soft top ... pics to come as they are available

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Land Cruisers have very low tailights ... I guess its because of all the Corvettes following them ... and they the lights themselves are notoriously permeable to water. Having replaced and replaced with aftermarket "stock" lights, 2 yrs ago I switched to sealed trailer lights but being a different design, they needed a special backing plate. As an interim while I decided if I like the sealed "trailer" lights , I used ... get this ... corrugated plastc board ( like for sale signs ) ... so finally I have replaced them with aluminum plates, cut, drilled, etched, painted to last.

Pics installed maybe tomorrow

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICE JOB !! Cool

Lil Warlock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who's louvers are you callin' FAKE?

lol

If at first you don't succeed.......Screw it.
Takes too long to winch out more than once. LOL!

lowrad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know how to start that pile no problem Bushy...its not Rocket Appliences....I choose not to cause the last time I sat in that friggin thing I couldn't get the rash off me for MONTHS.....
O and BTW your Bushings and 2 of your Shocks where in as of yestarday....check your messages pecker head....lol....that little flashing light on your phone is not a power light...lol

|
|___-----O-O-O
|_//___l__,\___\,___
|_l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
__(o)_)--(o)_)--O-)_)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Feedback Rating MSN Messenger
BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I was Part Source , The Stig showed me the bushings ... all same size ... and he couldn't find anything different .. so I ordered bushings from the states ... a week ago

So how many shocks do you have NOW ... 2 or 4 ..2 front and 2rear?, 4 front, 4 rear ?

And that butt rash pimples ? ... those were the the missing kids from that family or 16 down the road

And how to start a Land Cruiser ... yup .. rocket science ... I use a ... what is the word ... a KEY !

John ... fake louves ... like almost ANY 50,60,70, 80"s GM, Ford. Think those Buicks as an example

lowrad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

O ok...didnt know you where in....lol
Yeah still just the 2....
and asfar as the bushings those ones I ordered where just "stock" ones from Energy suspension.....for a "stock" FJ....lol....never really looked into anything else..but I imagine if Andrew and you looked and couldn't find anything there probably isn't much else I can get.....

As for the rash.....I found out later that it was an alergic reaction to astroglide....why was that on your pass seat....I thought you said the last person that road in the FJ with ya was BAD....O wait that makes sence now...never mind blow

|
|___-----O-O-O
|_//___l__,\___\,___
|_l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
__(o)_)--(o)_)--O-)_)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Feedback Rating MSN Messenger
BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was bored ... OK ... I do things OTHER than fornicate.

1/ the 2 outward shackles had to be expanded 50mm ... seems easy but NO ... so after working out different ways of prying ... got it.

2/ took off the 8274 ... had wate4r in the oil so drained it ... ready to work on it with BAD ( Please ? ... he ordered the parts )

But the top look great

3/ Replaced a rear side marker that was torn off at Phil Factor ... that red liquid tape works great

4/ All I have left to do that is a problem is cut out the rear hangers ( seized)

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So now the front springs have these awesome shackles ... reversed > go UP ...

allowing a smooth base to crawl over rocks

Just the back to finish.

Well ... then ...
1/ check the inner heater core .... lots of hot water but not much heat
2/ get the Custom top made

3006Jeep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looking good
OF4WD#4892

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I had ONE last problem ... I had to cut the rear hanger bolts to get the old springs off. I tried hammering them out, putting heat on them ... but cutting was the way to go.

A cutoff wouldn't go in deep enough ... so I tried Bud's Sawzall ... but the hanger bolts must have been hardened and the teeth simply wore off !

SO ... I put took the safety shield off the cutoof and put a larger disc in it to go in deeper. The drivers cut off easily. The I tried the passenger side ... Well part way through ... cutting close the a braced corner of the hanger ... the blade got bound up ... pulled from my hands and landed ...STILL SPINNING ... on my chest. I was wearing welding gloves and brushed it off .... but STILL SPINNING ... beside me .. chewing up a rubber mat I was on before the blade shattered.

Tried a new blade ... same thing happened ... put it away and used a special cuttoff blade for my drill ... got it done .

Blade went ALL the way through the leather on the gloves when I brushed it off my chest.

All to get these cut off

And get these off

Today ... something easy ... put the shocks ( Nitro 8000 ) on

3006Jeep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good thing you did catch fire....been there done that!
OF4WD#4892

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bahahah..

Same thing happened to me on old Thumper doing the Springs..

Got 4" scar on my arm and 6" on my leg.. Them Zip discs
are Dangerious!! Nice Clean Cuts though.. pretty much Cotterized
themselves lmao.

mhihi

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mounted the shocks ( no not Bad's style of mounting).

With the lift of the new springs ... and 6 degree shims rotating the top of the diff away from the centre of the CRZR, the flexlines were maxxed out ... so they need to be replaced with longer one.

Unfortunately for me ... I thought I could bend the steel line more to give the flexline more room > steel line started to leak so now to add an extension to it ( I have the tools).

Interestingly the driveshafts had to be pulled out 1.5"+ to meet the pinion flange ... so the wheelbase is longer ... noticeable on the rear wheel which is more centred in the wheelwell.

Pics to come

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> BUILD UP... MODDS... PROJECTS... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: