Thumper

How to Bleed Slave Cylinder..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> BUILD UP... MODDS... PROJECTS...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: How to Bleed Slave Cylinder.. Reply with quote Back to top

Found this.. SWEET!!!

How to change and bleed a clutch slave cylinder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Leave the stupid bleeder screw alone on your new slave cylinder, it is worthless. Keep it closed.

Here's what you need to do:

1. On the left side of the transmission locate the slave cylinder and remove the two 13mm (1/2") nuts.
2. Take the bad slave cylinder out of the transmission.
3. Remove the roll pin out of the slave cylinder (the small round hollow pin in the slave cylinder near where the line enters it). Just find something about the same size and beat it out, I broke the end off of a file at squeezed it out with pliers but I'm sure a nail or anything the right size would work.
4. Attach line to new slave cylinder and re-insert the roll pin. Again pliers work great. If you stretched out the roll pin just re-squeeze it with pliers or a hammer.
5. Remove cap from clutch master cylinder (make sure to remove the plastic liner from the master cylinder if it is unattached from the cap, THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT TRUST ME!)
6. Fill the master cylinder with dot-3 brake fluid about half way.
7. Slowly manually pump the slave cylinder by hand until you no longer see bubbles coming out of the master cylinder. (Be sure to keep enough fluid in the master cylinder so you don't suck air back down) It only took me about 20 pumps to get all the air out. Yours may take more or less.
8. Once the air is out put everything back together and check your clutch, you should now be done.

If you have any questions PM me. I don't know how much time I spent reading posts with wrong info, that's why I posted this, I couldn't get a straight answer from searching so hopefully someone does a search some day and doesn't waste all the time I did. My TJ is a 98. I can't promise yours is the same as mine but I bet it is. If your not sure go to autozone.com and see if they sell a slave cylinder for your jeep. If it's the same part number then you CAN change your slave cylinder and bleed it.

Lil Warlock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bet this would work on Fords too. Wish I had have seen something like this when I changed mine. May have saved alot of agravation. explode

If at first you don't succeed.......Screw it.
Takes too long to winch out more than once. LOL!

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm ... when I replaced Bushwacker's, just put the new clutch slave cylinder on ... let gravity run brake fluid through the open bleeder ... a couple of pumps using a 1 person bleeder from Princess Auto for $3 ... close bleeder, done.
Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Danger and I were havin Bytch of a time gettin Stich's bled..
found this.. worked like a Charm !

mhihi mhihi mhihi

Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had to do that three times..twice on Giv-er and once on Stinger..

Had a rough time on Giv-er once..

95 Cherokee "Twisted" Street Country 4.0HO Auto
Member of Northumberland OffRoad Club Member#4664 OF4WD and One of the 4WildRides

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Feedback Rating
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> BUILD UP... MODDS... PROJECTS... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: