Thumper

Beware of this Scam>> Auto Trader / Ebay.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WkndWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Beware of this Scam>> Auto Trader / Ebay. Reply with quote Back to top

Went onto Auto trader in Toronto. Saw an add for a Polaris 700 priced at $2900. 00. Fully expecting it to be a typo ($9200) I sent the owner a email. I get an answer back from a woman who claims to be going thru a messy divorce, and just wants to dump the exhubby's bike that she got in the settlement. If i want the bike, it's mine, delivered to my door for $2900 cdn. Then I get a very official looking email from ebay saying that I'd purchased this bike and they were going to protect my interests and the sellers by acting as the agent. I was supposed to go to the post office who handles transactions for Money Gram. Once i had my money order i was to fax the receipt number to a John Mendez from Ebay who would tell the seller to ship me the bike, and hold the money until I was happy with the bike. then, and only then, would the seller recieve the money. All fine and dandy right?? Well, believing that 'if it's to good to be true..it isn't' I started to check on it. There is no John Mendez at ebay, and once i'd faxed him that reciept number....zip. No money. No bike. No recourse. banghead so...well..be careful out there.

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good Im Glad you checked into it..

I would never buy a car or Bike that I didnt
actually touch or see in person..

The same scam cinario..
guy advertises bike.. REAL CHEEP... people email him...
he replys I am in Europe till the end of the month .. send me $500
or what ever and I will hold it for you till I get back..

Similar.. we were going to buy a tractor/backhoe off ebay.. it was all picked out.. all seemed totally legal like, was over seas brand new, price included shipping and everything.. too good to be true.. called Western Union to do the money transfer.. they Would NOT proceed told us it is a scam..
didnt believe it.. so checked and checked .. they were right.. company was illigaly using ebay logo and a total fraud.. any way we almost got stung.. thanks Western Union..

SO.... umm.. did you buy that 400 Polaris you were talkin about?

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've bought a fair bit of stuff off ebay and had NO problems ... always use paypal and only deal thru the official ebay site

Now if I were to seel the Jeep in ebay ... I am sure I would have hassles after.

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

WkndWarrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ya bad. I went..I saw..I touched..I rode..THEN I bought the 400 from the guy in Cobourg. Should have it home tonight, once the bank says they'll let go of some of MY money. They seem to hate to do that. bc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: