Thumper

Allow myself to introduce... myself.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dre907

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Allow myself to introduce... myself. Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody!

My name is Andre and I live outside of Waterloo.

I've been into wheeling for longer than I could remember. As in... pics of my mom holding me (wrapped up in her arms as a baby) on the passenger side of our old CJ3 Smile

Some of you have gotten to know my Jeep quite well in an all nighter recovery mission that was well documented on JK (link below):

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showthread.php?116743-Lingham-Lake-Road-Hydro-Locked

Jeep info:

I own a 1982 AMC Jeep CJ7. It has a 6.6L AMC 401 V8 w Howell TB F.I conversion kit, Raptor 700R4 with TC lock up switches, D60 front axle, D70 rear (4.88, ARB's, 35 spline in/out, FF, Chromoly, HD diff covers, high clearance, w rear stretch and 4 wheel discs, w 1 ton hydro brake boost, PSC hydrolic assist steering and JKS quick disconnects). Skid plate w 100L custom fuel tank w skid.

Ron Davis Aluminum double pass cross flow rad w e-fan, OBA sys. 38" SSR's, 8 bolt-17" Pro Comp aluminum rims with internal beadlocks, recessed tail lights, CB and electronic dissabled security sys.

MC suspension seats w 5 pt MC racing harness. 50/50 split fold n' tumble rear seat.

6 pt roll cage (tied into frame), custom bumpers, (rock crawler w stinger and Warn winch up front. Rear bumper has a swing out (tire, Jerry can, Hi lift carrier), side step rock rails, flat fenders f/r w corner crushers. All of these things, (including the interior) are Line'x'd.

My Jeep's been in the shop since my Lingham Lake disaster on Father's Day weekend last year. Most of the necessary repairs are being made along with a new Atlas 4 speed transfer case (I got it so that I can enjoy the flexibility of using both the stock 2.72:1 of my Dana300 and the lower 4.3:1). Having both the T-case and crawler in low gives a useless 11.7:1.

I'm planning on going back to Lingham Lake again to face my demons on June 8-10th. Anyone feel like giving me the guided tour? It would be nice to wheel with some of my rescuers this time and hopefully get a lil' organised run together for sure Smile

Here's a link to my photo bucket for those who are curious

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx66/Dre907/?start=180

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Andre !

CJ Looks SWEET in that Pic !

Not sure whats up in June yet.. But I will pass the word on..

mhihi mhihi

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome !
Hey there Andre ... I'll try to tag along that w/e or maybe just Sat.
Got my tow straps bolt ready

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

Dre907

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not too sure that my Jeep can follow... but I'd be sure glad to see you leading the way!

3006Jeep

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see another CJ! I would be insterested in that run!
OF4WD#4892

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andre .... I would have thought by now you would have installed waterwings on that Jeep to keep it floating

Will be interested to here the dettails of the "dry out"

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

Dre907

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The "Dry Out" is still ongoing. Are you sure you really want to know? lol!

Besides draining 5 liters of water from my oil pan and changing the oil out of my tranny 4-5 times, and the axles, t-case, gas tank, etc

I fried my stereo, amp, 2 way radios, and CB speaker. Surprisingly, the CB supposedly still works.

Most of my big issues were electrical with the Howell TB F.I. System. My CPU was so fried, it had green moss growing on it, so we pulled out the prom that was programed for the 401 from it and bought a new CPU. (same as a GM 350 SBC) it seemed to run fine, but the "check engine" light stayed on since it was in my 401, so we put my original prom in the new CPU and the chip fried the new CPU. I had to buy another CPU and get Howell to flash another prom. They sent the new chip and it ran rough. We sent it back and had Howell reflash a new prom with the correct programming.

As far as I know, all of the elcteical issues are fixed and everything is all working fine. Obviously, no field, or road testing has been done yet, so I won't know for sure if everything is working 100%.

Since all kinds of money is missing from my bank account with nothing to show for it, (except for the same Jeep I pulled up to Lingham Lake with) I sold my AtlasII for an Atlas 4 speed. Since it's at the shop, I'm having some other smaller things addressed, to get everything out of the way so that I can just enjoy hassle free wheeling... Except, I'll be broke!

On the bright side, I'll have a good as new Jeep with a brand new Atlas 4 speed t-case parked in the garage until my repair bill is paid off, lol! hang

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just Empty Every Pocket
and Bank Account mhihi

Dre907

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol! Tell me about it!

Besides buying Pizza n pop and an axle shaft for Dean's beast (which I was more than glad to do) I had a $350 tow bill and food/fuel for the return trip back for the recovery. That's not including the collateral finacial blow to all of the guys who missed a days work from being out all night recovering us, or the gas and money in diff fluid or wear n tear on everyone's rigs and poor winches. I was really grateful to have met such good people and made new friends, but I think I lost a good friend over that incident too.

I planned the trip, did the recon, and received the flawed trail reports when I enquired about the unfamiliar territory we ventured into. In the end, I was left holding the ball, but paying for Dean's shaft was the very least I could've done. In all honesty we both should've paid a lot more. I'm just glad that I lived to wheel another day and that I still can find someone who is willing to wheel with me Smile

All in all, that was the most costly (in more ways than one) trip of my life.

Just Empty Every Pocket indeed Steve, lol!

brownbros-ben

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wecome to the site

[IMG]

brownbro-jason

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome !

______0__0
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----( )jeep( )
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

lowrad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dre907 wrote:
but I think I lost a good friend over that incident too.

Well thats rather suckish....Hope its not Rob or whomever it is can get past whatever is the problem....

I would rather loose alot of other things than my friends from around here.....

|
|___-----O-O-O
|_//___l__,\___\,___
|_l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
__(o)_)--(o)_)--O-)_)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Feedback Rating MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> WELCOME All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: