Thumper

TrailFest 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> OffRoad Pictures / Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: TrailFest 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad everyone enjoyed this event and are in for next year. For the ones who stayed for the draws prizes Sunday night...please don't tell me I should have stayed. Was anyone of the group a winner?

Here are a few pix.
Fortunately this was taken before Bad had a chance to moon the Toad

Note Toad's trail damage...I feel an upgrade coming on.

A.P.B. missing TOAD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ENUqV5-bw

3006Jeep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looks like you had fun! I think that I will try trail fest next year and not go to phils....... phils seems like they want all buggies there? the sunday run really sucked!!
OF4WD#4892

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Common thoughts among the group, 300-6 . Trailfest was well run >...Sat. head guide was good, Sunday was .. ok. Well Organized, NICE trails.

The difficulty of the trails may have been slightly over rated, but close.
This year Bad/Ben/Bushy did Purdy(5-6 ... a deadend trail) and Dewdney(4-5, a loop). Both were tight with trees ( especially Dewdney), off camber, rock climbs (s,m,l), a minor bit of mud, technical ( lines were important).

Unfortunately on each run, there was one truck ( a Land Rover Discovery 2 with a mild lift and a stock TJ ) that needed a lot of extra help. However both runs ran smoothly even with these 2 vehicles ( the drivers gave it their all !!! ... Land Rover was almost demolished by the end)

Each trail run was organized in a field MUCH better than Phil Factor( driver meetings promptly at 8:30, head out at 9 a.m. They even put the CB channel # on the sign for the trail run and in a pamphlet.

Each trail was limited to 18 trucks BUT they didn't mind splitting into 2 as the group moved down the trail.

Both runs were through open forest for much of them. The mosquitoes/deer flies were not a bother, only a little spray was needed.

Camping/trailering has nice facilities, lots of washrooms and nearby lakes to swim in.

I would say the best part besides the obvious nice trails/organization was that 90% of the vehicles were similar in overall capability( like the ones we all run) ... and of THOSE 90% were Jeeps, 1 Land Cruiser, 2 4Runners, 2 land Rover Discoveries, 1 Range Rover, 1 H2, 1 Xterra, 2-3 Cherokees, NO Sammies/Ladas/Jimmies or Defenders.

Of the Jeeps there was a wild assortment of CJ's, YJ's( coiled etc) as well as those most common of common TJ's ( one with leafs) and JK's. Have to admit though 1 Jeep looked like another.

We all ended up with an appreciation for the built 4dr JK's. THEY CAN CLIMB ... and the fearless pilots who got then through the trees unscathed.

Quite a few carried families and friends. It was a nice atmosphere. We met some nice people and made some friends.

I will be back next yr. 4sure.

next run ... into Killer in a few weeks .. then Quinn

Dewdley descent .. fun.

Next yr we want to try "Lunatic Fringe" ... where rollovers like this CAN and DID happen.

Also found these videos on Youtube from this year ..
Gnary -
http://youtu.be/BOWW50QHThY
Dewdley -
http://youtu.be/-pZyxazuxpU

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

BadThumper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol heres some more

Great Event !!!

BUSHWACKER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good pics ... love that canyon ... was fun "squeaking" thru
Oct. run ( Rockfest ) will may still have great colours

Original member of the 4Wildrides, OF4WD #4659
GO DOWN UNDER WITH THE BUSHMAN !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BadThumper.com Forum Index -> OffRoad Pictures / Videos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: